The Hartford Catholic Worker House, also known as the Green House and the Purple House within the Hartford community, is one of Husky Sport’s original partners since our starting in 2003. Now with over 20 years of activism, the Hartford Catholic Worker can best be explained by their own accord; www.hartfordcatholicworker.org
Husky Sport personnel are regular visitors to the Hartford Catholic Worker on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays; visits can include building relationships, homework help, book club, Husky Sport lead nutrition programming, playing games, sharing in healthy snacks, creating awesome arts and crafts, or just hanging out with cool people.
A typical afternoon:
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Set up healthy snack and play with kids.
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm – Homework help and silent reading.
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm – Free play, Husky Sport nutrition programming, house cleaning, and prep for travel back to UConn.
A typical Saturday often follows a routine such as this:
- 10:00 – 10:15 am – Community members arrive and eat breakfast.
- 10:15 – 12:00 pm – Free play, games, arts and crafts, hangouts and relationship building.
- 12:00 – 12:30 pm – Circle of thanks and community lunch.
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm – Free play, house cleaning, and prep for travel back to UConn.